The history of soft capsule manufacturing in Japan started when Sanwa Pharmaceuticals was established in Tokyo in 1939.
Sanwa Pharmaceuticals went out of commission after the war, and Nobuyasu Kato established Fuji Oil Industries Co., Ltd. in Fujinomiya, Shizuoka, Japan, at the foot of Mount Fuji, which was the beginning of Fuji Capsule Co., Ltd.
Health and peace of mind to all Japanese people after the war.
For the strong desire to help people, Fuji Capsule developed and manufactured soft capsules as the pioneer in Japan, and grew along with the history of soft capsules.
|1939||Established Sanwa Pharmaceuticals (Nakano-ward, Tokyo), predecessor to Fuji Capsule|
|1943||Sanwa Pharmaceuticals went out of commission after the war|
|1948||Established Fuji Oil Industries Co., Ltd. (Fujinomiya, Shizuoka; on the premises of a raw material manufacturer)
Nobuyasu Kato assumed the presidency
Capitalized at 180,000 yen
|1949||Changed the company name to Fuji Capsule Co., Ltd.
Capital increased to 500,000 yen
|1951||Established the Head Office Building (Fujinomiya, Shizuoka)
|1961||Capital increased to 2,000,000 yen|
|1962||Established the Onakazato Plant (Fujinomiya, Shizuoka)
|1964||Head Office relocated to inside the Onakazato Plant (Fujinomiya, Shizuoka)|
|1967||Capital increased to 5,000,000 yen|
|1969||Capital increased to 10,000,000 yen|
|1973||Introduced automated rotary encapsulating machine (made by Leiner in England)|
|1975||Nobuyasu Kato assumed the chairmanship
Sakuro Kato assumed the presidency
Capital increased to 15,000,000 yen
|1978||Chairman Nobuyasu Kato died
Established the Tokyo Sales Office (Koto-ward, Tokyo)
|1979||Introduced automated seamless encapsulating machine (made by Globecs in the Netherlands)|
|1981||Relocated the Tokyo Sales Office (Kyobashi, Chuo-ward, Tokyo)|
|1982||Established the Obihiro Plant (Obihiro, Hokkaido)
|1983||Established the Shibakawa Plant (Shibakawa, Fuji [later amalgamated into Fujinomiya])
|1984||Capital increased to 30,000,000 yen|
|1987||Started operating the Osaka Sales Office (temporary office)|
|1989||50th anniversary of foundation
Established the Osaka Sales Office (Kita-ward, Osaka)
|1993||President Sakuro Kato died
Noriyasu Kato assumed the presidency
|1994||Established the Food Product Factory (Shibakawa, Fuji [later amalgamated into Fujinomiya])
|1995||Absorbed the Toho Medical and Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Relocated the Tokyo Sales Office (Nihonbashi, Chuo-ward, Tokyo)
|1998||50th anniversary of establishment|
|2001||Relocated the Osaka Sales Office (Chuo-ward, Osaka)|
|2005||Established the Kitayama Plant (Kitayama, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka)
Relocated the Head Office (Kitayama, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka)
Obtained dietary supplements GMP
|2009||Relocated the Tokyo Sales Office (Kyobashi, Chuo-ward, Tokyo)|
|2012||Established the Preparation Building 2, Kitayama Plant (Kitayama, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka)|
|2014||Established the Innovation Center (Kitayama, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka)