- Plant-derived outer shell
- The outer shell is made from vegetable material such as starch (from potato, tapioca, or corn) and carrageenan (from seaweed).
- No animal smell
- Since the outer shell has little odor, the animal smell typical of gelatin does not permeate to the interior liquid.
- No delay in disintegration
- There is no delay in disintegration because no molecular bridges develop due to reaction with substances such as aldehyde.
- Thinner layers, smaller capsules possible
- It is possible to make capsules with thinner layers and smaller capsules than those made from gelatin.
- Soft capsule possible
- It is also possible to make soft capsules as the material is elastic but not adhesive.
Various applications available
- Rotary capsules
- Seamless capsules
- twist-off capsule